- the process that produces babies, young animals, or new plants 
- the process in which sustains the human race, the very act that continues our existence on this planet. the act of reproduction is pleasurable, which can be seen as an evolutionary development to ensure that humans go through with this action. people enjoy reproduction.
In a sentence: The child was created through human reproduction.
- a feeling of happiness, enjoyment, or satisfaction : a pleasant or pleasing feeling 
- a feeling that one gets while enjoying something they love. viewing fireworks with the ones you love. sharing secrets and laughter under the cover of the stars. holding hands with the one you love. the feeling of being content to sit beside someone for hours.
In a sentence: People feel pleasure while having sex.
- the physical feeling caused by disease, injury, or something that hurts the body 
- the feeling when the bone snapped in half while you were twisting beneath ravaging waves. the feeling when your skin split in two and blood filled up every corner of your eye. the feeling when you had sex for the first time.
In a sentence: You should only feel a little pain when you have sex.
- attraction that includes sexual desire : the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship 
- an attraction that you have felt before, floating in your stomach like poison butterflies. research has shown that two with a strong attraction need not worry about pain during sex. the body adapts to reproduction. there is no need to worry about pain. if there is attraction.
In a sentence: Are you in love, or is this you lying to yourself again?
- to want to have sex with (someone) 
- a feeling of wishing to have sex with someone. it is a feeling that people have and you haven’t. you can’t remember wanting to have sex with anyone. you can’t remember ever wanting something more than kisses and sleeping together. people actually feel this way? it is a feeling?
In a sentence: You desire to find an explanation.
- physical activity in which people touch each other’s bodies, kiss each other, etc. : physical activity that is related to and often includes sexual intercourse 
- kissing was familiar to you. you had traced road maps all over his body, his goosebumps akin to gravel while yours a sheet of snow, undisturbed. why was it that you could do these things and not enjoy intercourse. it wasn’t natural. something was wrong.
In a sentence: Sex was normal; you were not.
- unable to engage in sexual intercourse because of inability to have and maintain an erection 
- you are a female
In a sentence: Females do not suffer from impotence.
- lack of success 
- the death sentence of an honor student, an axe to the neck of a perfectionist. if you were not performing like you were supposed to, then that was your answer. what other explanation is there? you’ve liked males all your life. or was it a lie because you never imagined being with one under the covers.
In a sentence: Was your body doomed for failure or was it a problem with you?
noun de·pres·sion \di-ˈpre-shən, dē-\
- a serious medical condition in which a person feels very sad, hopeless, and unimportant and often is unable to live in a normal way 
- you’ve been seeking help in your own ways. he’s been helping you. you haven’t had those thoughts in months. only after you saw the definitions did you begin to feel the blue creeping up from the corners of the dictionary web page. the lingering stillness that makes calendars shred into nothing and connections die in the sunlight. you are afraid of the stillness and you’re afraid of the answer.
In a sentence: Depression returns when you realize you never felt sexual desire.
- a romantic or sexual friendship between two people 
- people say that sex is the most important part of a relationship. can you love someone if you’ve never felt desire? can you be in a relationship if you can’t pleasure them? can you even comprehend love? is love something only achieved by the sexually enabled? why?
In a sentence: Can you even be in a relationship?
- without anyone or anything else : not involving or including anyone or anything else : separate from other people or things 
- is this your future?
In a sentence: You don’t want to die alone.
 “reproduction.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “pleasure.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “pain.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “love.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “desire.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “sex.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “impotence.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “failure.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “depression.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “relationship.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
 “alone.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, 2016. Web. 8 May 2016.
—T. E. McQueeney enjoys the silence in life, where the mind intersects the line between reality and fiction. Since graduating Towson University, she has used the silence to search for the answers in her life. She has also been published in Grub Street Online.